Emergency Readiness Plan – Prepper Broadcasting Network Interview GL Snodgrass
The Emergency Readiness Plan is your first step in being prepared when chaos strikes.
This is part two of a two part radio interview of GL Snodgrass by Dave Jones on Prepper Broadcasting Network. During the interview Dave and I discuss the many facets of creating an Emergency Readiness Plan.
What is an Emergency Readiness Plan?
An Emergency Readiness Plan is a written plan that explains, in detail, what actions someone will take in the event of a crisis. It is a “living document”. That is, it is not something to be completed and then put on a shelf to collect dust, or put in a glass case that says, “break glass in case of an emergency”.
Having a written plan can be the difference between life and death of you and those you care about.
Steps to creating a plan:
- Identify the situation the plan will cover.
- Identify the trigger that will cause the plan to be put into action.
- Collect the facts.
- Identify the skills needed to survive the plan’s event.
- Identify the resources needed to survive the plan’s event.
- Identify the differences between the skills you/your group have and those identified as being needed.
- Identify the resources you/your group have and those identified as being needed.
- Define the steps (in detail) each person needs to execute before, during and after the event.
- Rehearse your plan routinely
Create your plan before the event occurs.
Contact us if you are interested in information in selecting a location or evaluating your current location. There are methods to help secure your site even if it is less than “perfect”.
The time to create a plan is BEFORE an event has occurred. Do not wait until it is too late to create a plan.